Your vehicles are critical to the success of your business. To successfully protect your business, it is important to have properly prepared commercial auto insurance.
There are a number of different options to consider, including whether fleet insurance or per vehicle policies are the best solution for your unique situation.
What is commercial use?
Your personal auto insurance will exclude coverage for commercial uses of your vehicle. That is why it is important to discuss your needs with us, so that in case of an accident, there is no chance of being uninsured.
What can be done to lower the cost of commercial auto insurance?
The following strategies can generally help to lower the cost of your insurance coverage:
- Anti-theft and safety devices – items such as alarms, GPS tracking, and air bags can lower your premiums. In addition, programs which require seat belt usage can also help reduce your costs.
- Deductibles – deductibles represent the portion of risk you are willing to absorb before the insurance company would pay on a claim. The higher the deductible, the lower your premiums will be.
- Driver records – by hiring only qualified drivers with safe driving records, you can significantly reduce your premiums.
- Location – determines premiums for the theft portion of your insurance coverage.
- Vehicles – the sportier the car, generally the higher the premium. By having 5 star safely rated vehicles, you can significantly reduce your premiums.
Certain types of businesses are subject to federal and state regulations in the operation of their vehicles. It is important to fully understand those regulations. We can help you, to ensure you are in compliance. In addition, it is important if your company will be using the equipment of third parties, such as leased or rental equipment: if so, you will need non-owned vehicle coverage. We are happy to help you ensure you are in compliance and have the appropriate level of coverage for your business.